Re: [Tigers] Retractable Shoulder Seatbelts in the Tiger

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Retractable Shoulder Seatbelts in the Tiger
From: Randy Smith <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:25:56 -0400
  I have had retractable shoulder/lap belts in my car for quite a while
now.  I bought a retractable belt unit from Victoria British that bolted
right in with no modifications.  There are two threaded mounting holes
already in the car for that purpose.  They are plugged with plastic
plugs.  You can see the caps if you look inside the rear wheel wells.
You do need to cut a slit in the interior trim to access them.  The lap
portion bolts to the existing mounting points and the shoulder unit with
the retractor and centrifugal lock mounts to the shoulder mounting
point.  There is an adjustment to make the centrifugal lock work
properly, but it's pretty easy.  This is one of the few things I have
bought from VB that worked just fine.  I don't have the part number
handy, but could find it if you email me.  I'm on vacation this week and
back on the weekend.

-Randy

--

Randy Smith