Re: [Tigers] Retractable Shoulder Seatbelts in the Tiger

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Retractable Shoulder Seatbelts in the Tiger
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:58:42 -0700
Mike (I believe),

Tiger floor mounted bolts are very similar to any other car of that
vintage.  The belt fabric may become a little worn, and they do not last
forever.

What you should consider is a new a lap/shoulder strap and rear
inner-fender mount retractor.  There are the  standard  two-point
mounts, but even better are the ones with a shoulder straps.  There is a
hidden bolt hole behind the shoulder in the rear fender wells.  Neat,
easy to use, and effective.  These are available with retractors that
are part of the assembly bolted to the rear inner fender.

They are about $70 for both sides from many sources.  The lap buckle
should be metal-to-metal fittings with a push-button release.

If you want, I can go out and look at the labels on mine.

Steve.

Steve Laifman

Editor

http://TigersUnited.com