Re: [Tigers] Heater Control Valves

To: garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Heater Control Valves
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:00:33 EDT
Hello,

As I mentioned in my note, I called Classic Sunbeam, with no luck and,
Sunbeam Specialties who did indeed have them (at half the price I might add of
the folks you recommended. BTW, there seems to be two repros out there. The
one  you bring to our attention has no machining step to reduce its right
angle  connection, where the one pictured under MGC has the step that
connects up to  our cars with no mods.

see: _http://www.kirks-auto.com/MGC/MGC_HeaterControlValve_LaterStyle.html_
(http://www.kirks-auto.com/MGC/MGC_HeaterControlValve_LaterStyle.html)
vs:   _http://www.reisentzrestorations.com_
(http://www.reisentzrestorations.com)

But the point really is, can they be rebuilt, like brake or  clutch master
cylinders? That was my question. Has anybody  successfully rebuilt one?

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 8/18/2010 8:40:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,