Re: [Tigers] Steering rack conversion

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering rack conversion
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:27:35 -0700
Several years ago, I had a long chat about putting a Mustang II front
suspension in a Tiger with Brent, the owner of Fat Man Fabrications which is
one of the largest companies specializing in Mustang II front ends. They
have dozens of kits for many applications. (see
http://www.fatmanfab.com/index.htm )

Brent is a mechanical engineer and really understands the Mustang II
suspension. In the small world department, Brent owned a sports car repair
business prior to founding Fat Man. He worked on Tigers and Alpines. He's
not a stranger to Sunbeam.

Twice he's tried to put the Mustang II front suspension into different
Tigers and twice he failed. He's come to the conclusion that it can't be
done properly.

Then a little over a year ago Dale A. tried the same task and he came up
with the same conclusion that Brent had: It can't be done properly in a
Tiger. This lead Dale to start with a clean sheet of paper which lead to his
new suspension that Rob G wrote about a week or so ago.

Buck Trippel