Re: [Tigers] ALger?

To: "Tigers@autox.team.net" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ALger?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 22:21:11 -0500
Evidently, some folks are out to rip people off - otherwise you wouldn't see
Alpines with Tiger VIN's popriveted onto them.

When you buy a Tiger, you're buying a one-of-7000 car, and as Tom stated
eloquently, the product of some very non-linear thinking that could never be
replicated in today's automotive world. If the bodyshell is in nice shape,
then you pay a premium because it's more special that one of these rare
vehicles has gone the distance without being damaged or otherwise abused
somewhere in the last 45 years. But if that bodyshell is instead a
one-of-70,000 unit that has had Tiger specific stuff grafted onto it, then
it's not so special anymore, because it wasn't a product of that time or place
in the 60's that led to the Tiger's existence.

That's not to say that an Alpine with Tiger drivetrain can't be a very nice
car. It's just that nobody should buy one thinking that it's an original
Tiger. This is all that TAC is about - so you know that the chassis was built
that way by Rootes, Pressed Steel and Jensen, and not by the guy down the
street.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.