Re: [Tigers] ALger?

To: wsamouce@kc.rr.com, bob webb <bobjeanbeams@roadrunner.com>, Jim
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ALger?
From: <e.coiner@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:24:09 -0700
I will be the first to confess I know almost nothing about Harrington Alpines
so some of my following comments may be whack.
Please be gentle with your corrections.

Does anyone know what the VIN numbers of the Alpines  that were the basis of a
Harrington?
I assume that somewhere in the records of the Harrington company that info
resides or resided.

Assuming this to be true, Harrington's are analogous to the original 65, 66
Shelby Mustangs.
A standard Mustang was bought by Shelby, modified and sold.
Is there a difference between a Shelby Mustang built by Shelby in 65  and a
clone modified by an Enthusiast in the 70's 80's or today?
Well the VIN number of the underlying Mustang is one difference. In a well done
clone, that might be the only difference.

Is there a difference in the desireablilty or value of these two vehicles?
Well DUH!!
Is there a difference in the behind the wheel experience.?  Not so much.