Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question

To: "'Randy Smith'" <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>, "'Tiger List Serve'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:05:29 -0700
Subject: [Tigers] Alternator Question

Randy,

Look closely at the pin housing.  One should be L (idiot light), one should
be Ig (ignition switched power), and one should be P (pulsed).  I have not
tried P but its purpose is pulsing for the tachometer.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse

  Thanks to the folks who helped with recent alternator question.  I
settled on a Denso #210-0107 off of a '86 Toyota 4 Runner.  It's pretty
compact, has an internal regulator, an idiot light terminal and the
right pulley.  I already made up my brackets and have it mounted and
ready to go.  My question now is about the wiring for this unit.  Has
anyone used this particular unit?  I pretty much understand the wiring
per Theo's previous postings, but this unit has no markings on the
terminals.  It has a large terminal (pretty obvious what this is) and
three small ones.  I assume one is the idiot light, one is the exciter
(switched 12v) and the third could be a ground?  In any case, there are
no markings.  Has anyone else used one of these and have a clue on the
terminal arrangement?

Thanks- Randy