Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question

To: Randy Smith <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:35:15 -0500
>From the description of the terminal connections it looks like you should be
connecting the third terminal to a permanent 12V connection, and there would
be no damage done if you miswired it temporarily(but the charge light wouldn't
come on, and it might not charge).

My Toyota alternator is the leftmost one of the three shown on page 12.

For a 60 amp alternator, you could run two 10 gauge wires in parallel, which
is what I'm doing, or else run a single 8 gauge wire. My 10-gauge wires just
run to the big battery cable at the starter solenoid, so they don't have far
to go.

Cheers,
Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.