Re: [Tigers] ignition switch

To: chris@cthompson.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ignition switch
From: "jliny5" <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:50:56 +0000
Chris

I am in the same boat re the generator. Removed generator from my Mk1 just
about an hour ago. I found a generator for 63 Ford Falcon w/260 online @ NAPA.
Unfortunately, it says you must go to your local store for this part and when I
called around to all the stores in Northern Virginia nobody had it...they did
not even have it in their computer. They told me to order online which you can
not do. One guy did suggest that west coast stores might have it. Not sure
why...but no help to me any way.

I found a local shop to rebuild it...Arlington Armature in Springfield, VA.

If you are contemplating a switch to an alternator, you might want to consider
the PowerGen model 82101. Another lister gave me the lead. Looks like Ford
generator but is an alternator. PowerGen told me it is direct fit in Tiger. Of
course rewiring is necessary. Drawback...pricey @ around $400.

Jim