Re: [Tigers] correct fan belt maker and #

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, barncobob@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] correct fan belt maker and #
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Because there are so may variables in the adjustment, size of pulley, depth of
the groove etc. etc. etc, it would be very hard for anyone to guess the size of
your belt. All parts stores have a tool to measure belts that have no
idenifying marks. I would remove the belt, take it to my fave parts store and
have them measure it. IF you have lots of adjustment left, then even 1/2"
longer wont hurt, as when half of that 1/2" is split as the belt folds in half
for practiacal speaking, you wont move the adjustment very far but you will
want to consider the ammount of adjustment you have- be it lot's or very little.
TonytheTiger (Tony Lang)