Re: [Tigers] correct fan belt maker and #

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] correct fan belt maker and #
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:05:57 -0400
Rick (Sunbeam Specialties) sells belts for the Mark 1 (FB1T, $12.60) and the
Mark 2 (FB2T, $12.80), Catalog, P. 12.

The belt he sold me for my Mark 2 was a Gates XL 7470 11A1195 (That's what's
on the belt.) I think it's a tad long; the alternator is close enough to the
rt inner fender that adjustment for wear is questionable. That said, it fits
the pulleys (My original belt was, I think, too narrow.) My plan is to
trundle down to NAPA with the belt and see if there is one a bit shorter.

Anyhow, try the Gates 7470 or the slightly shorter one.

Tom

' 67 Tiger being reborn