Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clocks

To: Landcmitch@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net, James Lindner <jliny5@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clocks
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:51:28 -0700 (PDT)
Charlie- if you search Sunbeam Tigers in the UK, there is a seller who always
has clocks- for several cars but I dont think when I was looking at UK Ebay,
him not having a Beam clock listed. I had to stop looking as I always wanted
something and shipping is expensive as well, not all sellers will sell to the
US. This seller sold worldwide tho.
Cheers, TonytheTiger
PS- There are quartz replacements available, I just dont recall who it was
selling them. I will post that information if I find it.

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=82&p2_articleid=7

I have heard that as dealer options, the clock actually installed could have
been anything the dealer had on hand.

Jim

  The clock that came with my tiger, 9470574, as a dealer option in December
1964  is a CE3131/01;  red hands, 3 and 9 upright.

  Now, does anyone know who it is that repairs/ replaces movements on these
clocks, possible a quartz movement?

  Charlie