Re: [Tigers] Hardtops Improvements

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtops Improvements
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 12:33:26 -0800
Yes, those were worthwhile changes. Larger 1/4 window buttons, and that
rear sealing rubber.

I bought these at a CAT meet, as well as replacements for the
side-window Plexiglas (which does craze).  The larger surface area of
the new buttons stopped that.

The rear rubber one-piece change fixed a lot of things. The rubber had a
sealed outer surface, and was foamed inside, fitted the original holding
grooves.

Since it was one-piece foam under compression , there were no flaps
sitting on paint to abrade the finish, and flexibility to absorb
movement (so it does not show any rub scars from moving rubber.)

I really don't know if these were factory changes for models later than
Mk I.

A real bargain that actually works.

/Steve Laifman/
/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>