[Tigers] 289's in Mark 1's

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] 289's in Mark 1's
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:19:33 -0500
I think it's likely that the RM Clarke book was in error.

According to Norm Millers book, the third and final 260 order would have
exceeded
the total production of Mark 1A's, and hypothetically it would be more likely
for Mark II's to begin assembly with 260's than the other way around.

As far as the parts catalogue goes, Mark I and Mark II bellhousings are two
different part numbers, with no I.D. number exceptions, and the same goes for
Mark I and II blocks, two different part numbers, again, no I.D. exceptions
and no "when using this replacement part, must also use..." further notations.

RB