Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:40:40 -0500
The first CSX2000 series Cobras ran a solid-lifter version of the 260
using all the same goodies (aluminum high rise intake, Holley 4bbl,
lumpy cam and larger valve heads) that would ultimately become the LAT
options. That engine was claimed to be 245 horsepower.  Shelby did get
the early 289s in late '63, whether they were Ford K code engines or
Shelby did the hypo  mods I don't remember.

I have always suspected that Shelby influenced Lord Rootes to use the
mild 260 so as not to present a challenge to his own cars. Imagine if
all the Tigers came with K code 289s!

Bugz