Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo

To: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:05:04 +1100
> .
>
> I have always suspected that Shelby influenced Lord Rootes to use the
> mild 260 so as not to present a challenge to his own cars. Imagine if
> all the Tigers came with K code 289s!
>
> Bugz
>
> I dont think rootes woudl ever have gone down the Hi-po route as stock, in
reality the Tiger was always more of a GT than an out and out sports car as
standard. The leaf springs and drums on the back limited its abaility to
handle any more power than it had.. if they offfered the hi-po 289 as stock
the factory would have had to offer traction bars, 4 wheel discs, wider
wheels and tyres and better cooling as stock.. which they examined and
brough the price point to close to the E-type and other high performance
cars... its sad.. imagine what we would have had as a base car.. there was
even a 4 wheel dics IRS tiger prototype, all reports were it was a great
car.. but would have bene the same cost as an etype.. so got canned.

--
Regards

Michael King