[Tigers] 6RA relay and resistor

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] 6RA relay and resistor
From: "Richard" <rcsphx1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:26:19 -0700
1967 Tiger MKII

The problem is that when the ignition is switched on, the indicator light on
the dash is very, very dim.  I have checked the bulb and the voltage at the
various connectors and all seems to be ok.  I even installed new a NOS 6RA
relay, to no avail.

  This morning I checked the resistor associated with the 6RA relay.  There
is continuity between the terminals, of course,  but there is also
continuity between the terminals and the mounting bracket. When I remove the
resistor and  bracket from its mounting, I get no  continuity between the
terminals and the bracket.  Thinking it is internally shorted I checked the
ballast resistor and it also has continuity between the terminals and the
mounting bracket. Is this correct, shouldn't there only be continuity
between the terminals?

Thanks

Richard