Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 54

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 54
From: Mike Baskette <mikebaskette@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:54:49 -0800 (PST)
Longer shackles?.................the sixties are over.

If the rear spring does not have enough arch, then fix it.  Take them off and
and head on over to the spring man and "get er'" done.

If your springs are wrong then you are going fix that with longer shackles?
That's two things wrong, not just one.

As too the other post addressing the car sitting to high.  Again, wrong
springs
Adding back twenty pounds ain't going to make it right.  Remember, if you
decide to cut a coil out your ride will suffer.  You'll take (for instance) a
400 pound spring and turn it into a 450 by removing a coil and reducing the
travel of the spring as well.  Many times a stock height is not the enemy.

Before the all knowing poo poo my thoughts............it's just an opinion.
But, I have been doing suspensions for some time.

I'm no expert but I act like one on the internet