Re: [Tigers] Building a street 289

To: John Crawley <alittlemoreink@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Building a street 289
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:15:58 +1100
I would say have everything balanced very well, get a set of nice pistons
and rods, good rod bolts, alloy heads, roller rockers, roller cam, good
igntion system and nice manifold.. now their will be many various mfg's and
combos you can use... but i like to stick to sets, things made to work
with each other.. so i'd say:

buy something like the edelbrock top end kit : alloy heads, cam manifold,
carb as a set.
use goof quality pistons and rods with ARP bolts
something liek a crane dizzy + contorl unit.. or MSD + control unit

you could just as easily substitue it for ford top end kit and pistins/rods

and then as discussed.. you can use your 289block and add a 302 crank...