Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question

To: "'Gary'" <maliburevue@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:14:29 -0500
Gary
        If a diode has gone bad; the alternator case will be hot or warm to
the touch when it should feel cool or at ambient temperature after setting.
You could disconnect the wire at the alternator and see if the problem
continues.   The last time I had this type of problem the battery drained
after a 9 hour work day.  Several days seems like something else.

        Is the battery good?  Have you tried disconnecting a battery cable
and letting it set to see if it maintains voltage?   If you have a volt
meter with a high amp section; you could put the meter between one cable and
the battery to see the current draw.   Normally only the clock continues to
draw current I believe; should be milliamps but I'm  not sure what it really
draws.

Ron Fraser