[Tigers] Throwout Bearing

To: wsamouce@kc.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Throwout Bearing
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:36:23 -0400 (EDT)
Duke,

>From your pictures, it looks like that bearing will work. The smaller
original Tiger bearing ran with a clearance when the clutch was engaged so that

it wouldn't wear out. The Mustang bearing is designed to run continuously
with  about 10 lb of preload. That is enough pressure to keep it from
slipping on the  fingers but not enough to cause it to wear out.  This was done
reduce petal travel and allow the self adjusting mechanism of the Mustang
to work.

In a message dated 3/24/2011 11:02:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,