Re: [Tigers] Stumbling issue

To: "'awtiger'" <awtiger@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stumbling issue
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 10:02:27 -0400
Andy
        This is a difficult one.   Your going to have to step through a tune
up.

I had something like this a couple years ago but it got progressively harder
to start the engine.   I found 3 spark plug wires that were bad.   I once
had a set of points that got contaminated, made the engine run like crap.  I
switched to a Pertronix unit soon after.

I would start looking at the electrical side first; check all the wires in
the ignition system for continuity and good connection.  Check all the
connection in the distributor too.

Check to make sure the distributor is advancing correctly and retuning to
initial timing OK.

Ron Fraser