[Tigers] "Duke" report

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>,
Subject: [Tigers] "Duke" report
From: <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:23:44 -0500
---- "Rense wrote:
> I was just wondering, I miss our daily "Duke" report...

Here ya go -

Carburation

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/008-3.jpgSo...how
 do I feed the beast? I will start with the Autolite 4100 (1.08) I had on the
260 (bottom).  I know it is tuned correctly and the engine should start right
up.  I will break in the engine on the engine dyno with this carb.

Then the competition starts.

All carb calculators (even at 90% VE) I have checked call for a carb less than
600 CFM. I refuse to over carb this engine. I will know for sure when I see the
AFRs for both carbs @ 6200 RPM.

1. Autolite 4100 (1.12) that the factory states is 600 CFM (top right).  It is
actually around 550 CFM.  This carb was built for the 347 by a 4100 expert with
custom sized jets and boosters.  It has vacuum secondaries and a manual choke.

2. Holley 600 CFM double pumper (top left).  I just rebuilt this carb and
everything is stock (jets and power valve).  It has manual secondaries and
choke.

I will dyno the engine with the two carbs back to back to see which yields the
most HP.  Then once the engine is in the car, check to see which one has better
driveability.

Different note:

Quick Time could not provide me a spacer for the scatter shield that would work
with the 4 11/16 front bearing retainer (FBR) on the HEHE.  I bought thee
larger "8 bolt case" FBR and all is good with the universe now.

I should also pick up the intake manifold from the machine shop today.  I will
post pics once I get it and show you the fix we came up with.

The (stinkin) hand made oil pan should be here today....only took 9 weeks.

Duke
B382002037