Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>, "'LIST TIGER'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:48:14 -0400
Allan
        The stock fuel pump is an on demand type electrical fuel pump.
When the pressure in the line reaches a certain point the pump shuts off.
The floats in the carb determine if there is a demand for fuel.   If a float
no longer floats or it is hung up somehow in the fuel bowl the pump will
pump fuel until it runs out of liquid or burns out.

        Yes leaving the ignition ON would also leave the fuel pump ON.   You
need to check the feed wire to the pump to make sure it is not always 12V;
it must be switched by the ignition switch.  I would think you would hear
the pump always running if there was always 12V to the pump.  The ignition
switch could also be bad or there are poor connections there.

        You also need to check the carb floats for a problem.   I don't
think there is any other path for the fuel in this type carb but I'm not
that familiar with your carb.

Ron Fraser