Re: [Tigers] Low Mileage Tiger - 26,961 miles

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Low Mileage Tiger - 26,961 miles
From: "awtiger" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:23:17 -0500
Hey, guys:

Regarding the red Tiger Mk1 on Ebay, I wondered when this car would surface.
Actually, somebody is going to get themselves a very nice Tiger.  If I had
the money, it would be sitting in my shop right now, no questions asked.

>From 1982 through 1994, I served on the BOD of the Oklahoma Region of SAAC
and we put on the Mid-America Shelby Meet, as it was called back then.
Wayne Curry, the former owner of this car, was a regular at our meets and
could always be counted on to bring something spectacular.  He brought this
very car to our meet back in 1983 (I may be a year or two off, either
way...).  I vividly remember this car being trailered into the parking lot.
Being a Tiger owner, I dropped what I was doing and followed Wayne as he
pulled in.  The story that the museum is telling in the Ebay listing is the
same story Wayne told me all those years ago.  At the time, the car was an
absolute time machine; original to the nth degree.  It had the redwalls and
LAT 9's on it back then, too.  I remember that Wayne had the factory hardtop
on the car for the weekend and I lusted after that, since my Tiger at the
time (B9470058) had no factory hardtop.

Can it be called a survivor?  That's up to the bidders and ultimate buyer to
decide.  At the time I knew the car, I would have felt comfortable calling
it a survivor.  When I left the Shelby club back in '94, I lost track of
Wayne.  I would see him every now and then at the meet, but then I heard he
got cancer and eventually passed away.  Wayne did have a very extensive and
nice collection of Shelby cars, including a totally original blue 427 Cobra
and a black '68 G.T.500 KR convertible.  He would cheerfully give rides to
anyone who wanted the 427 Cobra experience, too.  He was really a heck of a
nice individual and his cars were outstanding, this Tiger included.  I see
no misrepresentation in the Ebay listing at all.  My estimation here is that
someone is going to be very happy to get this car, even at the kind of money
they are asking.  In the long run, I'd bet on it being a good investment.

My .02 worth,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE