Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: Kirk Smith <twotigers@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:14:15 -0400
Kirk,

Start here (If you haven't already!):
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/MKIBIGwiring.jpg

The light connects 12v from the ignition switch through the lamp to the "D"
terminal on the voltage regulator.

>From the diagram it looks like the D connector on the voltage regulator is
connected to the output of the generator; the only other connection shown is
the Field connection in the generator. If that's so, the voltage regulator
may have welded a relay point; the battery charge is through the voltage
regulator.

The last time I saw this problem was in a 1949 Ford around 1958...  (there
was no light; the VR had failed.)

I'm not sure why connecting the lamp would cause this problem...

Tom

' 67 Mark 2 (which, fortunately, doesn't have a generator...)