Re: [Tigers] tank color

To: rande@thecia.net, rootes1@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tank color
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:43:35 -0400 (EDT)
As far as uncoated tanks....years ago owners of Asian  motorcycles were
complaining that a bike left for a year or so would develop  rust in the tank
and clog up the carbs upon restart. Supposedly, at that time,  the only
companies coating their tanks were Harley and  BMW.
I would think that condensation (moisture) would  eventually cause rust in
an uncoated Tiger tank.  So, uncoated may prevent  flaking, but would
another problem arise?
Mark

In a message dated 5/10/2011 1:32:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,