[Tigers] 260 Motor questions.

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] 260 Motor questions.
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 17:30:02 -0700
If I can get the parts together, I want to assemble a full on race 260
for the salt. Will be normally aspirated instead of turbocharged and
EFI. Some of you folk have done a lot of research on things like heads.
What aftermarket heads fit without needing to relieve the cylinder wall
for the intake valve clearance.  I also want to find pistons with
compression ratio that is is around 14 to 1.  I have a spare block, all
I have to do is pick it up, I have a 289 hipo crank (yeah, I know they
are all the same), hipo rods, my EFI intake manifold, a F303 ford cam,
Hyd roller lifters, fuel injectors, push rods,  and a boss 302 oil pan.
I can get another main girdle and windage tray fairly cheaply.   I will
be running equivalent of C16 gasoline.  I will have to use a different
trans though as the AOD in the car now is a 6 bolt bell housing version
and the 260 is  bolt.  I have a C4 but I need to go out and count bolt
holes...

So, recap, which heads work without cylinder relief and which company
has high compression pistons

any thoughts?  serious request here...

mayf

--