Re: [Tigers] Tiger Starter

To: Brian Glenn <ora_archy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Starter
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
Brian- I have a mini starter on my Tiger- running a 302 but the previous owner
installed the engine, so I have no idea about the bellhousing. I also can only
tell you the mini starter was purchased before I even owned the car from ebay
and a chap from Fla. who sold parts at car shows and other car related events,
so I also have no information about brand name etc. on the mini starter. I can
say it turnes the engine over with ease. My only problem was when I replaced
the clutch I had the headers on but not the starter and this partricular set of
headers didnt allow for the starter to fit in or out of the header once
installed. So,I had to unbolt the header to even get the mini-starter in. I
remember thinking "What if it was a stock size starter"?I would have really had
problems. Thankfully all headres are not made the same as I have always used
headers on different Tigers and this is/was a first for the starter not being
able to RandR with the header
 bolted in place.
Much luck.
TonytheTiger