Re: [Tigers] Wayne Carini & Tigers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wayne Carini & Tigers
From: "Ramon Spontelli" <rspontelli@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 20:31:14 -0700
<<And yeah, my Tiger was as close as I'd ever get to Cobra.>>

When we bought the Mk I, for a grand or so more, we could have bought a 289
Cobra.  Dealers had 'em sitting on the lots and they were dealing.

But we already had a teeny-tiny car that was a cramped beast with
uncomfortable seats, a small trunk and bolt-on side curtains.  It was an
early Austin Healey 3000. We liked the Healey a lot, and have always missed
it. But . . . compared to the Cobra--and the early Healey--the Tiger was a
nice car.

It still is, and it always will be.

One of my favorite Tiger quotes:  "While it is true a pig cannot be made
into a race horse, he can be made into a very fast pig!"

Ramon

tigers@autox.team.net