[Tigers] Oil consumption

To: "rfraser@bluefrog.com" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Oil consumption
From: allanballard@att.net
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:40:50 -0400
How much oil loss is normal for a fresh 260 - 289 every 3,000 miles?

Is zero the correct answer?

I may have a serious problem. I just drove 2,000 highway miles, mostly at 65
to 70 miles an hour.

The 289 lost 31/2 quarts of oil.

No smoke, no stink, no puddles of oil.

I haven't gone under the car yet, not sure what to look for.

Thanks in advance,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger

Sent from my iPhone