Re: [Tigers] Gas tank question

To: awtiger <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas tank question
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:29:07 +0000 (UTC)
Andy, I look forward to seeing the answer to your question!B B  S ome side
thoughts to share while we await them.B B  When you changed your fuel pump,
did you find any debris on the inlet side?B B  There should be a mesh screen
filter there that would keep anything large from the tank fouling the pump and
anything further downstreem.B B  When I changed my pump last summer, I made
sure there was nothing clogging the lines between the tanks and the pump inlet
side.B B  with the tanks as empty as possible I ran compressed air into the
tanks with the pump out of the lines.B B  just ran a line from my air
compressor into the filler opening and made a crude sealB with a towel around
the hose and stuffed into the opening and held it all in by hand.B B  Not a
perfect seal , but the line to the pump blew out very clean.B B  If you can,
you might want to try that before going to the trouble of pulling the
tanks.B B  You could also do the same thing from the output line from the pump
to the carb inlet after disconnecting every thing.

Just some thoughts that may or may not be helpful!

Cheers, Gene