[Tigers] Tiger in the Limelight

To: "Tiger Digest" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger in the Limelight
From: "Curt Bowland" <cbowland@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:38:21 -0500
Many people are not aware that the recent Lime Rock vintage race weekend was
held September 2-4. Along with the races there is a very well attended
concours held on Sunday morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see the
beautiful 1966 Mk 1 Tiger of Scotty Hackenson of Trumbull' CT. took first
place in Class 31. This class is the "Peoples Choice" and says volumes for the
car as well as the growing appreciation for Sunbeams in general. I am going to
try and include a link that has the only picture I have been able to find of
Scotty's Tiger. Surprise as the photo is captioned with Dale Akuszewski's name
listed.

   http://www.sportscardigest.com/lime-rock-historic-festival-2011-concours-p
hoto-gallery/<http://www.sportscardigest.com/lime-rock-historic-festival-2011
-concours-photo-gallery/>

If you scroll down there are lots of photos as well as a list of the winners.
Scotty's car is in the third group of photos. As you can see from all the
photos there were some real heavy weight show cars at this event. If the link
does not go through check out Sportscar Digest web site and look for the
September 17th issue.

Cheers,
]
Curt