Re: [Tigers] Over-riders

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Over-riders
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:32:17 -0700
Jim,
 From experience with my MG-TD, the "over-riders" in the British car
give as much protection as the bumpers - NONE.  One's first encounter
with an American car would be to be a large hammer of a front "bumper".
The "guards", maybe even the Cadillac "Dagmar" variety (appropriately
well named".  You will be picking up crushed bits and pieces.

They are there, not for protection, but because U.S. law required it.
To make matters worse, the later MG's had "Rubber Baby" guards.

You want a well designed car, you would have to keep it in the garage.
Oh, yes, the demon "Rust" never sleeps.

Those that live in climates that have ice on the road don't have to
worry - they'll fall-off without a collision!

Steve (from the state that has no snow/ice where I am), don't even have
to worry about the body rusting off.)

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>

tigers@autox.team.net