Re: [Tigers] Over-riders

To: slaifman@socal.rr.com, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Over-riders
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:16:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hey guy!  Parts rust off?  You don't think  we drive them things in the
snow do ya? We all got the 4 wheel drive with the  extended cabs for the
winter....shotguns in the rear window.  Steve you  have led a sheltered life:-)
Mark

In a message dated 9/24/2011 10:04:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
slaifman@socal.rr.com writes:

Jim,
>From experience with my MG-TD, the "over-riders" in the  British car
give as much protection as the bumpers - NONE.  One's  first encounter
with an American car would be to be a large hammer of a  front "bumper".
The "guards", maybe even the Cadillac "Dagmar"  variety (appropriately
well named".  You will be picking up crushed  bits and pieces.

They are there, not for protection, but because U.S.  law required it.
To make matters worse, the later MG's had "Rubber  Baby" guards.

You want a well designed car, you would have to keep it  in the garage.
Oh, yes, the demon "Rust" never sleeps.

Those  that live in climates that have ice on the road don't have to
worry -  they'll fall-off without a collision!

Steve (from the state that has no  snow/ice where I am), don't even have
to worry about the body rusting  off.)

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/*  <http://www.tigersunited.com>