Re: [Tigers] Engine run in

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine run in
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:08:13 -0800
Hmmm, is this a purist type of run in or the American version? I ask
because the Sunbeam Owner's handbook does it differently.   The handbook
says to run the car up and down to speeds of around 60 mph as it is
being driven  for the first 500 miles. Don't lug the engine and don't
over rev it in neutral.    When 500 miles are attained, have the dealer
change the oil.  That's pretty much it.

Since the zinc and phosphorus have been generally removed from the
current motor oils, I would certainly put in some ZDDP for break in.
and  then after every oil change as well.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile