Re: [Tigers] Throwout bearing lever

To: "'Nathan Johnson'" <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throwout bearing lever
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:41:25 -0500
Nathan
        Are you referring to the holes at the sides of the arm?
They are for a wire spring; Ford part number AB-7562-A.

Shop manual barely shows this part; Section D, pg 2

Parts List shows it better; part #5 in the picture.
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/6-FF-ClutchsAnd
Controls.pdf

Always be positive about your engine configuration; it can be very
important.
You stated (6 bolt)?
If you have a 260 engine it is only a 5 bolt engine.
If it is a 289 it could be a 5 or a 6 bolt depending on the engine casting
number.

I don't think there is a difference in this set up between these two but
confusion can rain in when we are trying to help long distance.

Originally your Tiger had a 260 engine

Ron Fraser