Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question
From: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:22:27 -0500 (EST)
Thank you for the  replies.

I failed to mention that I  purchased (some time ago) the CAT headers.

I intend to wrap them with exhaust  wrap to reduce under hood heat levels.
I had the CAT headers "Metallized"  (sprayed with a coating of molten
aluminum, while heated)  I have had  metallized exhaust before and it holds up
very well, so it should eliminate a  rust problem.

I have my engine in my shop  and the car in a hangar, stored for winter.  I
couldn't visualize the  frame location at all. Thanks to Tom (atwittsend) I
see the filter is well below  the frame rail

I will bring my headers over to the  shop and get a better picture of what
I am dealing with.

1) What do you guys think of the  header heat wrap idea?

2) If I have to go with the remote  cooler, would it be feasible to move
the filter to the wheel well??  I will  need new hoses anyway.
Tom Milton

tigers@autox.team.net