Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question

To: <CALUMETAIR@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:56:56 -0500
Tom
        I believe header wrap is a fire waiting to happen.  I think its
great on a wide open engine bay race car but not on an enclosed engine bay.
Ceramic coatings inside and out or metal heat shields I think are a better
way to go.

        The MK II has an oil cooler under the front valence.  I think a
number of Tiger owners have put the oil filter in the wheel well.   The only
problem I see with that is if it leaks, it leaks onto the tire which messes
up steering and braking.   I once ran the radiator overflow tube into the
wheel well.  When the radiator got hot it put antifreeze onto the tire
resulting in extreme understeer; fortunately no damage and the hose was
quickly removed from the wheel well.

Ron Fraser