Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:38:48 -0600
Hi Mayf,
I didn't intend for my comment to come across as negative towards the car, its
owner, or Alpine conversions. Maybe towards the collective effort of the
people that wrote the auction description, because in obscuring that car's
Alpine origins, they both set themselves and the potential buyer up for
problems, and they sell the work that's been done short.

My Tiger has a stock hood but like the rest of the car it's painted Carnival
red, over a darker red, over the Rootes 86 green that originally graced the
bodywork. A lot of the other parts on the car have been modified or replaced
as the owner at the time saw fit to do, whether it be for reliability,
performance or personal taste. And that's the way it's going to continue while
I have it. I'd be posting pictures etc. of ongoing work on the car (FR rack
installation, etc) except that right now I don't have time to do any of that
work.

For me, your second Tiger list is this list right here.

Theo