Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:44:19 -0800
Not to take a side either way, I do want to say that these issues exist in
most any car group. When I converted my lowly '73 Pinto to a 2.3 turbo there
was one individual who expressed his utter annoyance at me.   When I
modified the radiator cradle from a 17" to a 20" configuration I
deliberately did the modification both to look factory and strengthen the
area (knowing he would comment).  And he did...  with great disdain. So,
there are those who can be disturbed when even one lowly Pinto (one of three
million) becomes altered from stock.

The other side of this guy is he passionately collects/restores/maintains
1971-1973 Pinto's.  He is the "Go To" guy for help (which he freely gives).
He personally tracked down, persuaded the sale of and is restoring the only
remaining Mizar "Flying Pinto" prototype in existence. When we have spoken
in person his tone softens while still maintaining his passion for unaltered
Pinto's.  And me, I see his "pain" (so to speak) and admire his enduring
commitment to what many consider a piece of four wheeled junk.

With everything there is give and take. Tiger owners and Tiger list
included.

Tom

tigers@autox.team.net