[Tigers] Frame Dimensions

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Frame Dimensions
From: "Al Fudge" <allfudge1635@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:15:27 -0800
I am constructing a jig to support my MK1 while it undergoes substantial
sheet metal repair.  The diagram in the Body section of the Shop Manual
which details body dimensions has been quite helpful.  There is one critical
dimension that is not available from the diagram, the distance from the rear
spring rear shackle mounts to the front crossmember mounting holes, either
front or rear bolts.  Does anyone have an accurate measurement for this
dimension?  I am trying to set the mounting points on the jig so when the
shell is mounted I'll know right away if the shell is not in alignment.  I
thought about mounting the brackets to the crossmember mounting holes before
attaching the shell to the jig, but that just guarantees that a
misalignment, if present, won't be found.

Thanks!

Al Fudge

B9471635

tigers@autox.team.net