Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] IMP Coupe

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] IMP Coupe
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:29:39 -0500
Agreed in this case, but for any form of motorsport that involves going round
corners, weight is pretty important :)

Go for it mayf!

On Feb 15, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com> wrote:

> With the OEM motor hopped up, the car woudl run on the short course which is
3 miles. Mile 0 - 1 and 1 - 2 are to get to speed and mile2 - 3 is timed.  And
weight is not an issue generally. when the math is done, weight remains only
in the rolling resistance in the tires at top speed.   The weights are about
the same as for the chevy turbo sprint I have. Wish I had time for it.
Maybe....and it is turbocharged....

> mayf
> ______________________________
> drmayf
> Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
> 204.913 mph flying mile
> 210.779 mph exit speed
>
> On 2/15/2012 1:25 PM, Owain Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> Nice, but what class would that be?  not much fun racing with no rules.
A well built imp engine can produce plenty of power > 130hp at about 75kg or
less and is original.  The car         should be well under 550kg too.

>> On Feb 15, 2012, at 3:32 PM, "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)"
<mark.rense@ge.com> wrote:

>>> Well, I happen to have a very nice Kawasaki ZX10 engine sitting in the
back of the shop, an exile from a friends SCCA DSR racing efforts. Its right
at 193 HP, should be enough to get a stripped 550 Kg. (86 stone for you
Luddites)  Imp into the lead in your class.

>>> Bugz

car. Just what came with it, but, modified for more power.   I like the idea
of a less than 1000 cc engine.

tigers@autox.team.net