Re: [Tigers] My Dad

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My Dad
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 21:48:35 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Jay - I am so sorry to hear of Steve's passing.  He and I spent many
hours e-mailing back and forth and talking on the phone during the
gestation of the TigersUnited web site.  Most of the questions I had
about my Tiger I just sent to Steve rather than bothering the whole list
- he almost always had the answer.  I never got to meet him in person,
but like so many others on this list I considered him a true friend.
I've missed his contributions to the list lately, and will miss much
more that we'll never hear from him again.

Of course his legacy will last with your family, but his legacy will
also last for a long time in the Tiger community.  Norm's work, of
course is rightfully legendary, but as your dad and I talked early on,
very limited in access.  Steve's work to open up the information and
community will always be remembered amongst a certain group of
enthusiasts.  It was a *lot* of work for which he received nothing in
return other than the lasting legacy of the knowledge transfer. He was a
good man.

Warm regards to you and your family at your time of sorrow....

Chris
B382000331