Re: [Tigers] Timing deviates - advice needed

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Pointers" <gpointer@telusplanet.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Timing deviates - advice needed
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:39:51 -0400
Gary:

I would agree with the others who have guessed that the distributor gear
may be bad.

When you have figured it out and, if you want to keep the Mallory, then
I would recommend that you change over to solid-state.  About ten years
ago I found that PerTronix makes a replacement for the points in the
Mallory dual point and that is what I installed at that time in my
Mallory.    It's run great ever since.  No issues with the tach or
anything.  A no brainer in my opinion.  Later on, I had Tom Hall convert
my tach to electronic innards and that works as well (it should, the
PerTronix uses a Hall-effect trigger, Ha!)  The PerTronix number is
ML-181, I believe.  Available for about $72 from Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-ML-181/?rtype=10

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE