[Tigers] GT doors on Tigers

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: [Tigers] GT doors on Tigers
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:39:46 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Jim,

Sounds like you're taking this much better than I would have.

I think you can count on the fact that all Tiger 1A's and later used the upper
inside door bolster from the GT i.e. the larger 1/4 glass base that dovetails
into the bolster, but early Tiger 1's, and I don't have a VIN cutoff point,
got a 'rationalized' GT interior that used the Alpine ST inner door panels (and
soft top equipment), but got full carpeting, veneer instrument panel and wood
steering wheel.

I pulled all my late Tiger Mark 1 sales folders for the US and home market
(summer
1965 introduction) and they all show the ST door panels, but carpeting and
veneer
instrument panel.

I then went to November 1964 road tests of the Tiger from R&T and Car&Driver,
two different cars and presumably actually each photographed around July 1964,
and they used ST doors, too.

Jim, it's a case, as any concours or TAC inspector will tell you, that each
time you look at one of our cars at a United or auto show, you're bound to learn
something new.

Maybe Dale A., Paul R., Norm(do you really need an initial?), Larry A. or Bill
M. has a better feel for where the VIN split for the Mark 1 is.

RB