[Tigers] 'Lift-the-Dot' stud problem

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Tigers] 'Lift-the-Dot' stud problem
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 11:40:08 -0400
Cc: "Rollright@aol.com" <Rollright@aol.com>, Tiger e-mail List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi tony.
I bought a cheap tool for about $30 from eBay user dntwn73. Search for
rivnut tool.  It came with a few rivnuts and you can order more (better
quality) ones from mcmaster.   Does the job.   I'm not a fan of them unless
it's absolutely necessary though as they are not that strong and can
occasional spin if someone overtightens the screw.   Good for light
attachments to sheet steel/aluminium or fibreglass though.