[Tigers] Judgemental Tiger group

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Judgemental Tiger group
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:29:30 -0500
Mike, I'm singling you out because I think you raised the issue of how
judgemental
folks in this usergroup seem to be.

First, let me be one of the first longtimers on this list to tell you point
blank that any of us will be glad to tell you pretty much anything you need
to know to help your Tiger purchase along.
We can't go into the the line by line specifics of what TAC looks at, but you
can feel safe in asking for and getting expert advice, and when possible,
accompanying
you to look at a car.

I've been to many Uniteds on both coasts and met owners, I've subscribed to
this list for years, and I might have a different view of this group. With the
postings of the last month, I can see where you might get a different take.
In particular, the car with the cowl-mounted TAC plate raised some issues mainly
because,for me, this was the very first instance that I saw something like this,
and as a TAC inspector, it raises some issues.

I think in the discussions of original versus personalized versus modified,
I find Tiger owners more open to changes than, I'll say, Corvette folks.

I encourage you to stick with us.

Rande