Re: [Tigers] Dana 44 Question

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dana 44 Question
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:35:43 -0800
Larry has a good question and Theo came up with a quick answer that is very
interesting. I had no idea the number would be so large. Thanks!

About ten years ago, Trevor Harris urged me to concentrate more about how
much torque the tire patch can absorb. Once that's exceeded any excess
torque becomes almost meaningless.

BTW, there's a great article in the new (nov/dec) edition of Vintage
Motorsport about Trevor. It's about 8 pages long & is titled "Racing's
Unsung Genius". I can't figure out where they came up with "unsung". After
all his CanAm cars,
Gurney Eagles, BRE, Electromotive, and 30 years at Indy, I thought he was
pretty well known. And that's without the off road Trophy trucks.

bt