Re: [Tigers] Oil Filter Adapters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Filter Adapters
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:04:41 -0800
Sandy, nice piece at that. I used a Canton version, but, for some
reason, it is considerably thinker and I wound up using the flapper
wheel on it to customize it for the race car. To clear turbo exhaust
pipes.  But, as I look at this thing, do you think it could also be used
on the top of the oil filter as well?  I think the seals are the same,
the only thing would be if the through bolt would screw into the filter
itself rather than the block. Then the original filter mount/holder or
what ever that thing is called,, could be used on a Tiger. Get two of
them, on on the block one on the filter. Spendy at the price though,
but, kinda elegant. Could then use spiffy stainless steel braid hose and
nice AN fittings.

Working on my home made dyno right now..during bouts of painful knee
aggravations, that is.  Going to be a water cooled Jag IRS differential
with the inboard brakes.   Most parts are in hand so actual fab work
will begin after the first.

ciao,

mayf

drmayf